Fire at Garment factory

REF:   A readymade garment’s factory in Savar’s Ashula is engulfed by fire.Dhaka Export Processing Zone’s (DEPZ) fire station official Abdul Hamid Mia said the fire broke out at the 7-storey building around 8am on Thursday.

Ashulia

Two units of the fire service are trying to put out the fire.He said they suspect an electrical malfunction at the store-room on the factory’s sixth floor may have caused the fire.

 


No one was, however, injured as the factory was not in operation when the fire erupted.

About 700 workers work in the factory, the management says.

Leave a Reply